Functions of the Higher Commission
Pursuant to the Second Article of Ministerial Decree No (104) of the year 2008, the Higher Commission is competent with the following:
1. To offer opinion and advice to the State decision-makers on all issues of human rights.
2. To review the existing regulations and laws and propose the amendment thereof in line with the internationally developed legal rules of human rights and in compliance with Islamic Sharia.
3. To express opinion about international conventions and bills relating to human rights.
4. To draw up a national plan covers State official sectors and authorities to assure and respect human rights; to propose policies and mechanisms to implement such plan.
5. To prepare reports on any matters and issues referred from the parliamentary "Committee for the Protection of Human Rights".
6. To prepare reply to the periodical and non-periodical reports of the international governmental and non- governmental organizations on the situations of human rights in Kuwait.
7. To prepare reports that should be presented by Kuwait by virtue of the international conventions conceded thereto.
8. To coordinate with the concerned entities relating to human rights.
9. To spread awareness of human rights through various mass media, and work on to include the fundamental concepts of these rights in school curriculums across different stages of education.
10. To work on to prepare required and specialized cadres capable of spread the rights in various entities.
11. To issue publications and periodicals indicating the activities of the Higher Commission for Human Rights.
12. To exercise any required function connected and related to the purpose of establishing the Higher Commission.